From: Filip Hanik - Dev Lists [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 22 August 2007 19:51
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Logging Problem on Upgrade to Tomcat 6

it will only log to the webapp.log if your application catches the
exception, then issues a log.error("msg",exception) (tomcat will do the same
assuming it was correctly configured)

if you provide a sample war, I can validate it for you

Filip

Ashley Hollands wrote:
I did build the extra JAR files as described in the documentation.

Whether I am using Log4J at the Tomcat level, or using Tomcat's default logging, I do get log messages in my web app log. For example if I add the following to my web app log4j.properties:

log4j.logger.com.mycompany=INFO

it logs these messages to the web app log no problem - both with Log4J and Tomcat's default logging at the top-level.

My problem is that it isn't logging Exceptions even though as I understand it, it should be logging anything with priority ERROR or higher (lower?) that is generated by the web app to the web app log.

Ashley