On 8/27/07, Caldarale, Charles R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm really curious about one thing:  if the OP has a 64-bit environment,
> why is he being so stingy with heap space?

In the OP, what I found interesting was that the default heap size
wasn't enough to start Tomcat?  According to SUN, the default is
around 83 MB for 64-bit JVMs [1].

Does that make sense?  Manivannan mentioned that Tomcat doesn't throw
any exceptions, it just never starts.  I wouldn't have thought that
heap was the problem at that point.

-- brian

[1] - http://java.sun.com/docs/hotspot/HotSpotFAQ.html#64bit_heap_defaults