Hi
I forgot to add, that our solution at the moment is to restart apache
which 9 out of 10 times solves the problems. We see connections reach
almost 250 (248,249) per tomcat server on the apache box. After restart
this drops down

We also only see the problem when we are experiencing heavy load and it
happens very quickly when it does.

Regards