On 8/28/07, Hristian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm having the same problem, none of these ports are busy. First I tried on
> it's Windows Server 2003 OS, it had this problem, then we deleted the Win
> Server and installed Windows XP. I have no idea...

Are you still having the problem on XP?  Win2k3 Server and WIndows XP
can be miles apart with respect to security quirks.

You have a JDK installed, right?

Also, if you do a 'netstat -n' and none of the ports have been
allocated by another application, there is probably something else
wrong.  Did you install Tomcat as a service?  If so, open a command
window and do a 'net start tomcat5'  Does it start successfully or
does it give an error?

Have you tried looking at the catalina.out file in the
<TOMCAT_INSTALL_DIR>/logs/ directory?  Does that give you any clue?

-- brian