I was searching the archives, but could not find what I thought I needed??

The problem I have is that when I go to my webapp (IE/Firefox) and login as
say an admin and then open another tab and login as just a user.  The
original admin login will fail if I try to do any administrative functions.

I am sure that I am messing up something with the Cookie used to maintain
session state, but I am not sure how to avoid this when using the same
browser?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance
Rob