> > From: soulboy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: RE: Tomcat JNI Netbeans
> >
> > however do you know where there are any official
> > instructions on setting up JNI and Tomcat ?

> You won't find any real doc, since again, Tomcat has no specific
> relationship to JNI.  JNI is a capability of the Java environment, and
> the JNI rules apply to all Java programs, including Tomcat or webapps
> running inside Tomcat.

Well even if Tomcat has no "specific relationship" to JNI it still has some
kind
of relationship. Some people want to and do run JNI applications on Tomcat.
I call that a relationship. I actually would expect something.

One thing I noticed is the Java documenation states that the JNI Java
wrapper
.jar  should be in the classpath and then it should work but Tomcat doesnt
use
this system. So JNI on Tomcat becomes difficult unless you already know Java
and Tomcat well. Some information regarding this would have saved me and
probably others a lot of time.

Incidently I did the same thing in C# .net and it was extremely easy to find
documentation and implement.