Hmm.

The output shows that your jar isn't getting the permissions. You are
right that the codebase is the problem.

I am not sure if my mail client is mangling the urls you are using but
it looks like you are using '/' characters after 'file:'

Try without these as per the entries in the TC6 policy file. Eg:

grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/bin/commons-daemon.jar" {
        permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

I had similar problems on windows recently and ended up playing with a
simple test case until I figured out what was going wrong.

Mark