Hi there I have a problem with tomcat, but first version information for
some of the applications used.

Apache/2.2.3 (Mandriva Linux/PREFORK-1.1.20060mlcs4)

Apache Tomcat/6.0.13

java version "1.6.0_01"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.6.0_01-b06, mixed mode)

I have setup apache httpd to only answer on port 443 using https
and I have several virtual hosts.
one of them I have setup to use mod_jk to connect to tomcat using this
configuration
<VirtualHost *:443>
    ServerName demo.mydomain
    JkMount /* worker1
</VirtualHost>

in tomcat I have only configured this single connector
<Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" secure="true" scheme="https"
redirectPort="443"/>

now, everything works allright, I can surf to the server using the
following url..

https://demo.mydomain/mywebapp/

and everything works.

HOWEVER, I have 2 problems with this setup and that is, IF I surf to the
same address but forgets to add that last /
(https://demo.mydomain/mywebapp) tomcat redirects the browser to surf to
the correct url (add the ending /) BUT the url it sends to the browser
is WRONG!!!  it is not sending https://demo.mydomain/mywebapp/ as one
could suppose, it is sending https://demo.mydomain:80/mywebapp/

(atleast that is what I suppose is happening.. sicne I cannot check what
is being sent on the Ethernet, since that is encrypted, however firefox
tries to connect to that url.)

I also got the same problem in my forms based login
when the browser is sending the login form, it gets a redirect from the
server with the port 80 instead of "no port"
if I remove the :80 in the url I get the real page, and I am logged in..

so somewhere (I think it is tomcat) the browser is told to go to port 80

can anyone help me with this?

--
Christian Andersson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Configuration and Collaboration for OpenOffice.org
Open Framework Systems AS http://www.ofs.no