alla winter wrote:
My application can crate report on a fly ( a file) for an authorized
clients.   The client authentication is conducted by the application  and
Tomcat is not involved in this process. Other clients may create a file in
the same directory, but the application will show the links only to  the
files that were created by this particular user ( the userID is a part of
the file name).  How can I ensure that others cannot view this file by just
typing the URL in the browser and list all the files under this directory?
Just do not create files in work readable directory. Store files somewhere outside application directory and display them with some kind of dispatcher servlet.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>