I am currently doing the samething right now and am able to access porst
8443.  What is the error that you are getting?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 8:31 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Setting ClientAuth parameter to true

Hi,

I am unable to set client authentication for SSL in tomcat 5.5.2. I have
generated the certificate for the client and imported the same into the
server's keystore so that the server can verify the client's
certificate. The following is the modification I make on server.xml.

               maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"

               acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"

               clientAuth="true" sslProtocol="TLS"

keystoreFile="D:\Projects\Starwood\WSOverSSL\axis\server.keystore"
keystorePass="xxxxxx"

truststoreFile="D:\Projects\Starwood\WSOverSSL\axis\server.keystore"
truststorePass="xxxxxx " />

once this change is done and the server is restarted, I am not able to
hit this url https://localhost:8443 <https://localhost:8443/> .

At the same time, if I change the value of clientAuth back to "false" I
am able to access the url.

Can some pls help where I went wrong?

Thanks,

-Subhash-

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
information.
printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on
this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.