Darek Czarkowski wrote:
Martin Cavanagh wrote:
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Darek Czarkowski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Tomcat crash @ midnight - but why?

Now, this would be funny, can you search the source code of the deployed application for System.exit call?

Heres trouble...........the System does call System.exit(), when it can't create the directory... - so I understand why my application would stop- but why would tomcat shutdown?

It's also using the client JVM not the server JVM (I installed JRE and there is no server JVM)

See that is funny after all, as other users explained system.exit will terminate JVM and not just your application. You should NEVER use this call in your application. Try to deal with the error in another way.

I guess it is a little bit funny - nah you live - you learn.

Well thanks for the help

Martin

--
Con-Sense-GmbH