Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Ken Bowen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: How to specify a default context?

Is there no other way, one which leaves the app with its original name?

Place your webapp outside of the <Host>'s appBase directory, and put
your <Context> element in conf/Catalina/[host]/ROOT.xml with a docBase
attribute pointing to the absolute file system location of your webapp.

Because of the convoluted way I've written the app, renaming it to ROOT has bad effects.

If you have coded the app to use a specific URL to refer to itself, then
it can't be the default app, can it?  If you've coded I/O paths within
the app, then you've violated the servlet spec, which expects that
webapps can be deployed on devices without file systems.  Either are
major design flaws that should never make it into a production system.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.