For a different session implementation than StandardSession :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/manager.html

It is a JDBC based version of storing an HttpSession.

-Tim

lightbulb432 wrote:
Rather than using Tomcat's own HttpSession, I may be implementing HttpSession
to write to shared storage or to the client. (Or if for no other reason,
then to learn something.)

Do you know of any HttpSession implementations that are publicly available,
as the task of storing session state in places other than web server memory
is common enough that I'd hope others have already done so? A quick web
search didn't reveal anything too exciting.