Try Lambda Probe as recommended by other contributors to this list.

http://www.lambdaprobe.org/d/index.htm

I'm no expert with this tool but it's straightforward to install and I
think it may help you out a bit. The System Information/Memory
Utilization thing is particularly fascinating although I don't fully
understandthe output yet.

I also used the JProbe profiller some time ago to profile a running
instance of Weblogic, it had a fantastic real time heap analysis tool
that shows you exactly what's happening at runtime ... 2 million
String objects, where the heck did they come from ? It's not free
though as far as I know.

It might help