Hmm which Tomcat version you are using? For Tomcat 4.1 AFAIK you have to put a link in your application's web.xml to the global resources in order for your application to access it.

HTH
FooShyn

Mark Thomas wrote:
Andrei Tchijov wrote:
when I am trying to do " ... initCtx.list( "java:comp/env" ); ...". Do I
need to do anything to "enable" JNDI? Does it make any difference that I
am trying to use JNDI from Valve?

Probably. I haven't looked at the code but I would not expect this to
work. Test it in a JSP to see if it works there.

Mark