De : Filip Hanik - Dev Lists [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : vendredi 26 octobre 2007 19:13
À : Tomcat Users List
Objet : Re: Tomcat 6 clustering without mulicast

it is absolutely possible, but now when you mention it, the ability to
not start the multicasting piece has not been exposed. The rest has.

But there is a simple workaround for you, you can create an interceptor,
that traps the start call, and removes the option to start multicasting

it could look like this

package org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp;

import org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.ChannelInterceptorBase;
import org.apache.catalina.tribes.ChannelException;
import org.apache.catalina.tribes.Channel;

public class DisableMcastInterceptor extends ChannelInterceptorBase {
    public DisableMcastInterceptor() {
        super();
    }

    public void start(int svc) throws ChannelException {
        svc = (svc & (~Channel.MBR_TX_SEQ));
        super.start(svc);
    }
}

and then, you can have the static membership interceptor to hearbeats
over TCP instead.

Filip

SANCHEZ, Michel wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to do tomcat 6 clustering  without
> multicast IP.
> In other words by defining a full static cluster in which all the heartbeat
> stuff is done by unicast.
>
> If yes please coluld you tel me how to configure it.
> I tried a SimpleTcpCluster without McastService declaration and with two
> StaticMemberShipInterceptors but my nodes always sends multicast messages on
> default address  228.0.0.4.45564
>
> Thanks for help.
> Michel
>

> This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
> privileged information.
> If you are not the addressee you must not copy, distribute, disclose or use
> any of the information in it.
> If you have received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the
> sender.
> Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be accessed by
> someone other than the recipient, for system management and security reasons.
> This access is controlled under Regulation of security reasons.
> This access is controlled under Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000,
> Lawful Business Practises.

This mail has originated outside your organization, either from an external
partner or the Global Internet.