Sorry, I've no direct solution. If /usr/sbin/apxs belongs to your Apache 2.2.6, the way you are doing it seems right. What exactly is the error text, that you get from Apache during startup?

Regards,

Rainer

Richard Doust wrote:
Hi.
I'm a developer of a JBoss/Tomcat app. I work on a Mac. I upgraded my Mac's OS on Saturday to OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Prior to the upgrade I was using the version of Apache that came with 10.4, which I think was 1.3. Apple is shipping 2.2.6 with 10.5. They don't include the mod_jk module built for the OS with the non-server version of the OS. (I guess they might with the server version, I'm not sure.) Anyway, I need mod_jk in order for Apache to talk to Tomcat, so I went to the Tomcat Connectors pages and found that mod_jk is only available in an x86 version as a binary. So I downloaded the source, installed the XCode tools so that I could try to compile it. I'm unable to find apxs2 on my hard drive, but I have a apxs file in my /usr/sbin directory, so I thought I would try to build using:
./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs
When I install the resultant mod_jk.so, Apache complains that it found mod_jk mach-o, but it is for the wrong architecture.
If anyone has already done this, I'd love to hear from you.
Thank you,
Richard