I'm using Tomcat 5.5 and using dataSourceRealm to do authentication.  I
need to track bad logins.  In particular, I want to track any logins
where the password is wrong.  I also want to track the remote server's
IP address that provides a bad login.

It appears that I can track bad logins by creating a class derived from
dataSourceRealm and then overriding the authenticate() methods.  I'll
then make the call to dataSourceRealm's authenticate, check for null as
the return and conclude it's a bad login if it is null.  I can then
track the info from there.  However, I don't know how to get the remote
server's IP address (request.getRemoteAddr()).

Does anyone have a suggestion?  Does the general approach seem
reasonable?

Scott