On 08/11/2007, at 6:29 PM, Bob Riaz wrote:

Thanks. StringBuilder seems to be the most popular suggestion! I'm going to implement this and report on any changes I see in Tomcat's behavior. I'm also looking at other possiblities, such as Tomcat's I/O activities causing thrashing if I/O is excessive. Would anybody know how I could monitor Tomcat's I/O activities? Also, is there a way to configure Tomcat so that a connection times out after a certain period of time?
Thanks to everyone for your attention and help.

Bob

Hi Bob,

You should really have a look at

I will leave how to configure the timeout as an exercise for the reader. :-)

Regards

Andrew