> Have you tried running your profiler against a tomcat not doing ANY
> requests?
>
> I agree with Jim on this one - These are threads WAITING on a
> connection...
> and not doing anything.
>
> Have a look in tomcat manager, and then you can see how many 'free'
> connections
> you have.

We only see the blocked threads when the instance is under heavy load.
When the instances is "clean" and newly started most threads are idel.
when it's under medium load you see a few are processing and the vast
majority of the rest are all in "net i/o"

Then under very heavy load you start to see the blocking...

Well thats what we see anyway!