Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Roger Parkinson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: serving files through SSL

I've identified that the cache headers are being set by default on the dynamic file. I don't know that they are
the issue but it is the one difference I can spot.

As you've been told before, it definitely is the issue.  To repeat:

This is a known problem with IE.  A search of the archives
(http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user) for "pdf cache" turns up numerous
hits, including this one:

http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=108431336725309&w=2

 - Chuck