Michael wrote:
Johnny Kewl wrote:

Now Tomcat is also a cool pojo application server
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Rhoden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 1:40 PM
Subject: Tomcat vs (other container) compatibility

Hi,

Just wondering if there is anyone who has been or is involved in cross JEE container work, how compatible are tomcat apps with other commercial apps such as OC4J, Websphere, BEA and so on? If you don't use tomcat specific things, does it "just work", I ask because the compatibility issue might come up at work.

Heres an article from IBM site
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0511_li1/0511_li1.html

I have put quite a few TC servlets onto Glassfish... no problem.

no wonder, Glassfish uses TC as servlet container!

Actually I think Glassfish uses a fork of the tomcat code from some point in the past. As long as the servlet spec is followed, I would think the servlets would work in either place.

--David