Here is the procedure.
I installed the second tomcat using this command:
tomcat5.exe //IS//ApacheTomcat2
--DisplayName="Apache Tomcat 5 2"
--Install="C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Tomcat 5.5
2/bin/tomcat5.exe"
--Jvm=auto
--StartMode=jvm
--StopMode=jvm
--StartClass=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
--StartParams=start
--StopClass=org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
--StopParams=stop
Because in this line we named the new tomcat service as ApacheTomcat2. We have to rename the tomcat5w.exe process to ApacheTomcat2w.exe, because we called it like this, when we start the service it looks for the ServiceNamew.exe. After renaming you run the new ApacheTomcat2w.exe and insert all the settings from your firstly installed tomcat.

Best regards,

Nikolay Diulgerov
Network Administrator
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Telephone : +33 4 89 87 77 77
Fax :       +33 4 89 87 77 00
Web: http://www.codix-france.com

raghav wrote:
Hey i need small information from you.
please it is very urgent for me.
can you tell me the procedure for creating the multiple instances for
tomcat?
plaese
my mail id is
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

THanks,
RAghavender

jimpo wrote:
I run two separate tomcat 6 instances on my development environment. Once
I have redeployed the application enough times, the tomcat java.exe
freezes and has to be shutdown using control-c. shutdown.bat does not work
most of the times. I start the tomcat processes with startup.bat, they are
not windows services.

< I know, one path is to try and fix the redeployment problem, but let's
not go there in this thread >

I would like to create a .bat script which shuts down the frozen tomcat
java.exe processes (and calls startup.bat scripts). How could I accomplish
this in Windows? In unix I would have plenty of tools (ps/grep/kill/etc),
but can this be done in Windows? The process name alone is not enough to
identify the tomcat processes, as there are several java.exe processes
running.

What about running the instances as windows services, can those be killed
/ started again more easily?