Dear list,

I have a cluster of Tomcat 6.0.14 using DeltaManager.
Session replication works fine while both instances are running.
I can test this by for example, logging-in to one of the webapps on a Tomcat
instance in the cluster, then kill the process of that tomcat. Then I get
transferred to another instance next time I request a page, and I am still
logged in and objects I saved in session are still available. Good.

However, when I stop one of the instances by using the Tomcat script,
sessions on the other instance expire. I suspect this is caused by the
tomcat that is being shutdown sends messages to other instance of Tomcat to
expire sessions. But I did set expireSessionsOnShutdown="false" in
server.xml:

<Manager className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager"
                   expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                   notifyListenersOnReplication="true"/>

Can anyone help me fix this, please?

By the way, I am also using SingleSignOn, could this have any effect on
Clustering?

TIA,

Timothy Wonil Lee

Java Developer