On 23.11.2007, at 17:43, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

From: Kaspar Fischer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Sharing an object between two webapps

The class SharedObjectHolder from my previous post lies inside the
JAR webapps/A/WEB-INF/lib/SharedObjectHolder.jar.

Move it to shared/lib; do not leave a copy in WEB-INF/lib or any other
location, including B's WEB-INF/lib directory.

In order to make A's JARs available to webapp B, I've set
   shared.loader=${catalina.base}/shared/classes,${catalina.base}/
shared/lib/*.jar,${catalina.base}/webapps/A/WEB-INF/lib/*.jar

I wouldn't mess with that - pretty much guaranteed to cause confusion
and collisions with the webapp's classsloader.  Put it back the way it
was.

 - Chuck

Chuck, many thanks again. Your help and another insight into
the "crossContext" attribute of Tomcat allowed me to find a
solution. Thanks for your time!

The deails for my particular application are documented here:

http://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/ Alfresco_and_Tapestry_on_the_Same_Tomcat_Installation

I hope this helps others that need to do a similar thing.

Kaspar