Ah, ok. It is in the jsp-api.jar. Unfortunately, that makes it harder for me to determine why the error is occurring.

Thanks,
Steven

On Nov 26, 2007, at 12:37 PM, Martin Gainty wrote:

jsp-api.jar comes with TC6 binary distro and is located in
$CATALINA_HOME/lib
do you not have it?

M-
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Crosley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 1:07 PM
Subject: servlet-api.jar jsp path is empty

Hi,

I was getting this error from my app:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/
TagSupport

So I looked in the servlet-api.jar file that was included with my
Tomcat 6 download and noticed that the javax/servlet/jsp/ folder is
empty.  I'm guessing this was by design, but can someone tell me what
jar would contain the tagext classes? Are custom JSTL tags deprecated
since Java 5?

Thanks,
Steven