> From: MassimoH [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Confusing Tomcat Error: "SEVERE: Error listenerStart"
>
> This was working perfectly until I did an
> uinstall/reinstall of Apache Tomcat 6.0.14
> along with the new RC2 of NetBeans 6.0.

Try installing an undbundled Tomcat from tomcat.apache.org, rather than
any 3rd-party repackaged version, even the one with NetBeans.  You can
link the separate one in as a J2EE server afterwards.

> Nov 26, 2007 1:14:15 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Error listenerStart
> Nov 26, 2007 1:14:15 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Context [/myapp] startup failed due to previous errors
> Nov 26, 2007 1:14:15 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start
>
> What does "Error listenerStart" mean and how do I correct that?

It means some lifecycle listener fro the webapp failed or wasn't found.
This can be a result of a class not found, but that should show up in
the logs.  Check the other log files for any additional information.

Regardless, I would strongly recommend installing a real Tomcat, and
trying your webapp with that.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.