If the CPU is maxed out, the thread dump will provide lightweight
process numbers.  Using a tool like "prstat -L" on Solaris, you can
figure out which lightweight process (thread) it is, and at least
confirm that it is the GC thread.  the output from prstat is indexed
at 1, but the stack dump is indexed at 0, so you need to either add
one to the stack dump lwp id, or subtract one from the prstat output.

I'm sure there is an equivalent command for prstat in other operating
systems, but I do not know what it is.

Mark

On Nov 28, 2007 12:04 PM, Christopher Schultz