oh so I did recall correctly! ; ) Thought I'd seen Chuck punch that through a
time or two. : )

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 11:48 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: RemoteAddrValve

> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: RemoteAddrValve
>
> Propes, Barry L wrote:
> > probably that path attribute is wrong, correct? Not needed on 5x?
>
> Yes, it's necessary, since the OP isn't dropping a WAR anywhere, but
> installing a context.xml file.

Nope, the path attribute is not allowed, and must be removed.  The path
is derived from the name of the file the <Context> element is in.  Note
that the OP is not installing a context.xml file, he's modifying the one
in conf/Catalina/localhost/manager.xml.

However the erroneous path attribute is not likely the source of the
NPE.  One possible cause is extraneous control characters in the file,
such as the ordering prefix some editors like to throw in at the
beginning when editing Unicode.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.