From: Richard Sayre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 12:05 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: HTTP 1.1 Not Supported

On Dec 5, 2007 2:22 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > From: Richard Sayre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: HTTP 1.1 Not Supported
> >
> > 2. The pocket pc app tries to obtain a Response object
> > from the request
> > 3. On the line of code that tries to obtain a response
> > I get a server error
>
> Are you referring to the app running on the Pocket PC or the Tomcat app
> responding to the Pocket PC?

I get the server Error on the Pocket PC. The Exception message is
"Error on server 505"

> > HTTP Version Not Supported..Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1..Date: Tue, 04
> > Dec 200713:08:21 GMT..Connection: close
>
> And what does the access log (or Wireshark trace) show as being sent by
> the app on the Pocket PC?

Using Ethereal I found that Tomcat is sending this error back to my
Pocket PC application:

HTTP/1.1 505 HTTP Version Not Supported
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 13:08:21 GMT
Connection: close

> > <Connector URIEncoding="utf-8" connectionTimeout="20000" port="8084"
> > protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443"/>
>
> That only controls what Tomcat will accept, not what the client sends.

I forgot to mention that the Client is using http/1.1  When I
explicitly set the client to use HTTP/1.0 I don't get a server error.
However I need to keep the Pocket PC app using 1.1.

> > I am using Tomcat 6.0.14 which came bundled with Netbeans 6.
>
> You might try an unbundled real Tomcat download, but I doubt if that's
> the problem in this case.

I did try this on a stand alone version and it did not work