Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: David kerber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Help with java Lists

I need to have some kind of list or collection that I can search quickly for a specific entry, and then start stepping
through the list item by item from that point.

Try java.util.TreeMap; the subMap() and tailMap() methods look
appropriate for your needs.  Note that it's not synchronized, so you'll
have to add your own to the callers of TreeMap methods or wrapper it
with your own class.
Thanks, Chuck; this looks like it may fit my needs the best of the suggested approaches. I had looked at a treemap earlier, but didn't notice the subMap and tailMap methods, which appear to be exactly what I need.