In form based authentication - you have no access to the processor other than your suggestion of overriding authenticate() in FormAuthenticator.

Depending on the purpose of the field you could always perform a kludge of setting the 3rd value in a cookie and have a filter check for hte cookie to perform any extra work you need. (Somehow - I doubt that will work)

-Tim

dirk ooms wrote:
Hello,

I would like to have an extra field in my form-based login page, but I'm wondering how I can retrieve the value of that extra field within my application (request.getParameter("blabla") does not work).

I searched the web and a suggestion was to override authenticate() in FormAuthenticator. But I'm wondering how I tell the container to use my version of authenticate()?

Are there other ways? This looks like something obvious, but after searching for a couple of hours, I haven't found a clear answer to this issue.