Hi,

I have a question regarding Tomcat logging. I am a
Principle Engineer (focusing on performance) at a very
large company (Fortune 50) where we are starting to
use Tomcat. I have two questions one I did not get an
anser to previously:

1. If a log entry shows say 100 seconds for the
response time and has a time tag was the start of the
transaction 100 seconds before the time tag or did the
transaction start at the time the time tag specifies?

2. Does the transaction time indicate the time between
the first bit and the last bit of the last bit of the
packets sent?

I am trying to understand so I can see how to sync up
requests going to multiple servers in a service and
understand how latency may affect the entries in the
log.

Regards,
-Tony