In a web application that loads resources expecting them to be available on
the classpath (e.g. ResourceBundle.getInstance("resource")), is there a way
to alter what locations the web context classloader includes?

I'd like to add a URL to the search path of the web context classloader, so
that in the above example, resource.properties from some URL is seen by the
web application. I know that URLs can be made available to a classloader by
using URLClassLoader. However, I don't know how I can include the search
path of that classloader in the web application's classloader provided by
Tomcat. How can I do this?

Thanks.