encoding?

I see the following line, but never see one where chunked encoding is
true.

[Tue Jan 08 08:05:07.220 2008] [13680:12960] [debug]
init_jk::jk_isapi_plugin.c (2146): Using chunked encoding? false.

Thanks-
Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Rainer Jung [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 11:05 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Content_Length Problem

In Joes case CICS seems to get used as an HTTP client, not an HTTP
server.

Nevertheless the server page you found includes a link to

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cicsts/v3r1/topic/com.ibm.cics.
ts31.doc/dfhtl/topics/dfhtl_cwschunking.htm

that contains the following information:

=======
When CICS as an HTTP client receives a chunked message as a response to
an application program's request, the chunks are also assembled before
being passed to the application program as an entity body, and any
trailing headers can be read using the HTTP header commands. You can
specify how long the application will wait to receive the response,
using the RTIMOUT attribute of the transaction profile definition for
the transaction ID that relates to the application program.
=======

So it seems, that CICS 3.1 does support chunked encoding when reading an
HTTP response.

So using either apache httpd or the chunked-encoding enabled variant of
the isapi redirector could indeed be the solution.

Regards,

Rainer

Martin Gainty schrieb:
> Tim-Thanks for the comprehensive explanationI found this link helpful
> for CICS transactions
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cicsts/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=/
> com.ibm.cics.ts31.doc/dfhtl/topics/dfhtl_http11serverintro.htm
tml?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_012008

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This e-mail is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose or use the information contained in it.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please tell us immediately by return e-mail to [EMAIL
PROTECTED] and delete the document.

E-mails containing unprofessional, discourteous or offensive remarks violate
Sentry policy. You may report employee violations by forwarding the message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

No recipient may use the information in this e-mail in violation of any civil
or criminal statute. Sentry disclaims all liability for any unauthorized uses
of this e-mail or its contents.

This e-mail constitutes neither an offer nor an acceptance of any offer. No
contract may be entered into by a Sentry employee without express approval from
an authorized Sentry manager.

Warning: Computer viruses can be transmitted via e-mail. Sentry accepts no
liability or responsibility for any damage caused by any virus transmitted with
this e-mail.