yes, uncommenting that valve in context.xml should do the trick, is it not firing or are you just not catching it?

2nd question, currently it just marks the request/response as non comet, and then calls response.finishResponse(), this will write any left over bytes to the socket.

Filip

Jens Hagel wrote:
Hi,
i need to detect if the user reloads the webapp or rather if the connection
gets interrupted.
i therefore use the CometEvent.EventSubType but the events don't get fired.
in the context.xml i've uncommented the CometConnectionManagerValve.
Do I have to instantiate the ConnectionManager by myself or what's going
wrong?

2nd question: it's a little bit unclear to my what happens when i call
cometEvent.close()
sometimes i use it and sometimes not with no difference.. :)

Kind regards,
Jens