On Jan 7, 2008 2:49 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> easiest way to see your packets fly by, is to use wireshark and just
> sniff UDP packets
>
> Filip
>

> Randy Paries wrote:
> > On Jan 7, 2008 1:55 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager getAllClusterSessions
> >> INFO: Manager []: skipping state transfer. No members active in cluster
> >> group.
> >>
> >> this indicates that the box not working, is not receiving multicast
> >> messages from the other nodes.
> >> you'd need to look into the multicasting configuration in server.xml and
> >> also on your box/network
> >>
> >> Filip

> > ///--------------------Stuff Deleted ---------------------------////
> >
> > Filip,
> >
> > thanks for responding.
> >
> > All three boxes have this in the server.xml
> >
> > Any ideas on how to test to see if this one box is recieving multicast
> > messages?
> >
> >         <Cluster
> > className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"
> >
> > managerClassName="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager"
> >                  expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
> >                  useDirtyFlag="true"
> >                  notifyListenersOnReplication="true">
> >
> >             <Membership
> >                 className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService"
> >                 mcastAddr="228.0.0.9"
> >                 mcastPort="45564"
> >                 mcastFrequency="500"
> >                 mcastDropTime="3000"/>
> >
> >             <Receiver
> >
> > className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener"
> >                 tcpListenAddress="auto"
> >                 tcpListenPort="4001"
> >                 tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
> >                 tcpThreadCount="35"/>
> >
> >             <Sender
> >
> > className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"
> >                 replicationMode="pooled"
> >                 ackTimeout="15000"/>
> >
> >             <Valve
> > className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve"
> >
> > filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;.*\.png;.*\.htm;.*\.html;.*\.css;.*\.txt;.*\.pdf;\*.wav;\*.mp3;"/>
> >
> >             <Deployer
> > className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"
> >                       tempDir="/tmp/war-temp/"
> >                       deployDir="/tmp/war-deploy/"
> >                       watchDir="/tmp/war-listen/"
> >                       watchEnabled="false"/>
> >
> >             <ClusterListener
> > className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>
> >         </Cluster>

Hello,

So here is an update, still struggling  with this problem.
if I do a tcpdump port 4001, i can see lots of traffic on box2 and
box3 but none on box 1

so tonight i swapped out eth1 (i was told that maybe a nic card could
not transmit UDP)
i also went into the server.xml and forced tcpListenAddress to eth1 on each box.
tcpdump port 4001 -i eth1 gives me traffic on box2 and box3 but not box1

i am no longer getthing the exception on boot up, all get now is:
INFO: Cluster is about to start
Jan 8, 2008 11:06:08 PM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter start
INFO: Start ClusterSender at cluster
Catalina:type=Cluster,host=localhost with name
Catalina:type=ClusterSender,host=localhost
Jan 8, 2008 11:06:08 PM org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService start
INFO: Sleeping for 2000 secs to establish cluster membership
Jan 8, 2008 11:06:10 PM org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService
registerMBean
INFO: membership mbean registered
(Catalina:type=ClusterMembership,host=localhost)
Jan 8, 2008 11:06:10 PM org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer start
INFO: Cluster FarmWarDeployer started.
Jan 8, 2008 11:06:11 PM org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager start
INFO: Register manager  to cluster element Host with name localhost
Jan 8, 2008 11:06:11 PM org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager start
INFO: Starting clustering manager at
Jan 8, 2008 11:06:11 PM