Hello,
I am having following problem with following failover test scenario.

Cluster setup:
- 1 apache load balancer
- 2 nodes with equal LB factor
- sticky session turned on
- Apache/2.0.52, mod_jk/1.2.26

Test scenario:
1. start 1st node
2. start load driver
3. start 2nd node
4. wait for state transfer (2 minutes)
5. kill 1st node

My experience is that after stage 1 and 2, all clients are handled correctly
by 1st node and the second node is set correctly to ERR state. After while,
the second none switches to ERR/REC state.

However at stage 4 (after starting 2nd node) the second node will never come
up to OK state. I have set both worker maintain period and LB recovery_time
to 30s. So i guess that in 2 minutes, the second node should have been
re-checked. When I press manually "Reset worker state" button, it comes up
immediatelly, but it never happend automatically during maintenance phase.

Eventually, after killing 1st node, and after returning couple of "503 Service
Temporarily Unavailable" exceptions, mod_jk finally recheck 2nd node status,
reroute requests to 2nd node and resumes correct operation.

My question is: Why the second node is not recognized before failover? Did I
missed something? Or is it a bug?

Thanks,

- Dominik

Attaching worker.properties
---------
worker.list=loadbalancer,status
worker.maintain=30

# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.cluster01.port=8009
worker.cluster01.host=172.17.0.39
worker.cluster01.type=ajp13
worker.cluster01.lbfactor=1
#worker.cluster01.redirect=cluster02
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.cluster02.port=8009
worker.cluster02.host=172.17.1.39
worker.cluster02.type=ajp13
worker.cluster02.lbfactor=1
#worker.cluster02.redirect=cluster01
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.

# Load-balancing behaviour
worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.method=Session
worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=cluster01,cluster02
worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=1
worker.loadbalancer.recover_time=30

#worker.list=loadbalancer
# Status worker for managing load balancer
worker.status.type=status