> From: Gavan Hood [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   My problem is the initialization.
>   When I start tomcat it takes about two minutes to complete
> initialization and pegs my little processor at times, often
> it keeps it around 80% untilized...

Yeah, that's not good in an embedded device!

2 minutes with or without your application deployed?  i.e. how much of that
time is Tomcat startup, and how much is Tomcat deploying your webapp / your
webapp startup?

How is your application packaged?  Are you unpacking it from a WAR, or is it
already unpacked?

                - Peter