On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:01:28 -0800 Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> Aside from the fact that putting Context elements in server.xml is
> strongly discouraged

Various people tend to claim the same thing on this list. I'm pretty sure
there is a functionality which could not be achieved otherwise, although I
could not remember which one at this very moment. I've been doing
conf/Catalina/HOST/CONTEXT.xml stuff for some time and  reverted back to the
Contexts defined in server.xml .
I want the automatic reloads/deployment completely disabled and it might have
been something related with it.

> having a docBase == appBase is totally  wrong, and /will/ cause ugly
problems.

> >         <Context
> >                 path=""
> >                 docBase="/home/USER/web-root"

It doesn't cause any problems. And has been working since the early 6.0.x
releases. Some problems might appear if you have some sort of automatic
deployment/reloading.

My post is actually a bug report. Not a question.

Cheers
--
Delian