works just dandy, the timeout happens after quite some time of just waiting

Jan 28, 2008 2:33:31 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Jan 28, 2008 2:33:31 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 1005 ms
event: BEGIN, subtype: null
event: READ, subtype: null
Read 10 bytes: comet test for session: D4BC1A6D7AC7F30C1A475FB7FFB2B4DB
read error
event: ERROR, subtype: TIMEOUT

If you are unsure if you have messed up Tomcat binaries, then I would test this one
http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/tomcat/tomcat-5.5/v5.5.26/bin/

these are not an official version, but you can test it out and see how your test works

Filip

Peter Warren wrote:
I put up a war file at: http://www.nomad.org/comet_test.war.

It includes the webapp, source for the comet servlet & client, and the
server.xml file.  Let me know if I missed anything.

As I mentioned before, I've also used your cometgui.jar client and see
the end event generated when using it as well.  If I submit a chunk
and the last chunk (0crlfcrlf) together, I see a read error on the
server.  If I submit a chunk and then submit the last chunk in two
separate submissions, I see an end event on the server.

Peter