Lets face it, there is virtually no site of interest that doesn't
require cookies (or javascript).
A possibility to turn url rewriting off would be really great even it
isn't covered by the servlet spec.  And we all know how disturbing url
rewriting is for crawlers.
But since tomcat isn't a ref impl anymore, maybe a convenience method?

regards
Leon