1.
  What Eclipse configuration will you know? I can show you.

  2.
  " Launching Tomcat with the listener class loaded by the system classloader
would be
a simple way to cause this."

  How to avoid this?

  ****************************

  There is not enough detail about your Eclipse configuration to make
 much of a guess.  Basically the exception says that the
 ServletRequestListener class is not visible to one of the listener classes
loaded in your
 web.xml.  Either because it's missing (which seems not to be the
 case), or because your listener class is being loaded in a classloader that
 isn't allowed to see classes in common\lib's classloader.  Launching
 Tomcat with the listener class loaded by the system classloader would be
 a simple way to cause this.

Cheers,
Larry

 java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
> >   at

 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappCl
> assLoader.java:1812)
> >   at

 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoade
> r.java:866)
> >   at

 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoade
> r.java:1319)
> >   at

 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoade
> r.java:1198)
> >   at

 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.
> java:3677)
> >   at

 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:418
> 7)
> >   at

  org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)
> >   at
>  org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
> >   at

  org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)
> >   at

  org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)
> >   at

 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450
> )
> >   at

  org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709)
> >   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
> >   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >   at

 sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.ja
> va:39)
> >   at

 sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccesso
> rImpl.java:25)
> >   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> >   at
 org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:294)
> >   at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)
> >   09.02.2008 20:57:23 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
>  listenerStart

Ihre erste Baustelle? Wissenswertes für Bastler und Hobby Handwerker.