Greetings list.

For some reason web browser queries are not passing through apache to tomcat
via mod_jk. I understand I may have a misconfiguration somewhere, I just
cannot find it. L

I am trying to host 4 separate domains, all with different java apps. Each
domain has its own IP and own configurations, but they all run within one
instance of Tomcat. When I disable Apache, my webapps run fine and are
called forth by the web browser fine.

When I reconfigure for Apache, I do not hit my site(s).

When I attempt to view the my domain, I see the standard Apache welcome page
and no error in catalina.out.

When I force it to go to port 8009, I get a standard browser error (64 -
Host not available) and the following in catalina.out:

Feb 23, 2008 7:13:19 PM org.apache.jk.common.MsgAjp processHeader

SEVERE: BAD packet signature 18245

Feb 23, 2008 7:13:19 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket processConnection

SEVERE: Error, processing connection

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException

        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:306)

        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.read(ChannelSocket.java:626)

        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.receive(ChannelSocket.java:583)

        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:691)

        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java
:895)

        at
a:685)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Below are my configurations. Please note all specific information has been
xx’d out. If more is needed let me know.

Server:

RHE 4

Apache 2.0.52

Tomcat 5.5.23

mod_jk 1.2.21

/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

~~ other configurations

Include conf.d/*.conf

~~ other configurations

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>

    ServerName mydomain.com

    ServerAlias HYPERLINK "http://www.mydomain.com"www.mydomain.com

    DocumentRoot /home/sites/mydomain.com/webapps/mydomain

    ErrorLog /home/sites/mydomain.com/logs/mydomain_error_log

    CustomLog /home/sites/mydomain.com/logs/mydomain_access_log common

    JkMount /*.jsp ajp13

    JkMount /servlet/* ajp13

</VirtualHost>

~~ other virtual hosts follow, mimic same format

/etc/httpd/conf.d/mod_jk.conf

LoadModule    jk_module  /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_jk.so

JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties

JkShmFile     /var/log/httpd/mod_jk.shm

JkLogFile     /var/log/httpd/mod_jk.log

JkLogLevel    info

/etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties

worker.list=tomcat

worker.tomcat.host=localhost

worker.tomcat.port=8009

worker.tomcat.type=ajp13

<tomcat_home>/conf/server.xml

~~ other configurations,

~~ http & ssl are both removed

<Connector port="8009"

           enableLookups="false"

           redirectPort="8443"

           protocol="AJP/1.3" />

~~ other configurations

<Host

    name="mydomain.com"

    appBase="someotherdirectory/mydomain.com/webapps"

    unpackWARs="true"

    autoDeploy="true">

</Host>

~~ other hosts to follow, mimic same format

I have read so much and now I am more confused than ever. Can someone please
shed some light?

~LZM~

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:22 AM