this has been done since the beginning of session replication.
if your webapp has <distributable/> in web.xml sessions will be replicated.
if the element is missing, session data will not be replicated even if the server is configured for clustering

Filip

Andrew R Feller wrote:
Are there any plans to have Tomcat handle session replication on a
per-webapp basis?

We currently have several servers configured for session replication
because of a single application.  Not only do we not want session values
from other applications on the machines to be replicated as it is
unnecessary, we wanted a way to store that configuration with a webapp's
META-INF.

Andrew R Feller, Analyst

University Information Systems

200 Fred Frey Building