I sent him the driver.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dirk Weigenand [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 7:16 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Connection Pooling

Hi,

you should try to use a dedicated worker process for connections.

Oracle by defaults spawns (some) worker processes for incoming connection
requests which are shared (i.e. not dedicated to a certain user).

Setting your connection count to a high number will probably result in an
equally high number of worker processes used.

So try to use a dedicated connection:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=localhost)(PORT
 = 1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=ORCL)(SERVER=DEDICATED))).

You will have to use the jdbc driver supplied by Oracle though to get this
working (you can use a recent version (i.e. >= 10.x.y.z) with Oracle 9i).

For further (and exact) information on this topic ask your local oracle
database administrator.

regards
       Dirk

-------- Original-Nachricht --------