On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:41 PM, william kinney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  After some painful research and code digging, I found that in commons-pool
>  versions > 1.2 (ie 1.3 and 1.4), the logic for maxActive changed for
>  "unlimited". 0 no longer means unlimited as it did in 1.2 and previous
>  versions.

Correct.  This was changed in commons pool 1.3 to address JIRA issues
DBCP-113, POOL-22.

>  This looks to be contradictory to commons-pool and tomcat documentation
>  however (e.g.
>  http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
>  ).
>  This seems to effect tomcat versions 5.5.24-26. Are there plans to update
>  said documentation, or is this an issue with commons-pool?

Thanks for reporting this.  The documentation update to reflect this
change for DBCP 1.2.2 was incorrect.  This issue is being tracked as
DBCP-41 (reopened).  The documentation fix will be applied and web
site updated shortly.

Phil