You should have asked this question at Spring Framework community
support forum,
http://forum.springframework.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Acegi Security is implemented as a filter, and its configuration is
independent of Tomcat.

I have not an example at hand, so the following is from the reference
guide and from the source code:

In short:
You should provide your instance of ChannelEntryPoint with a reference
to the bean that implements PortMapper interface, e.g. an instance of
PortMapperImpl.

In detail:
1. There is a bean that implements ChannelEntryPoint interface
somewhere in your configuration. I suppose that it is an instance of
RetryWithHttpsEntryPoint.
2. RetryWithHttpsEntryPoint by default implicitly creates an instance
of PortMapperImpl.
You should instead explicitly declare an instance of PortMapperImpl as
a bean in your configuration and pass it as the value for property
"portMapper" of RetryWithHttpsEntryPoint.
3. You specify a <map> of integer - integer values as portMappings
property of PortMapperImpl. By default the map contains mappings:
8080 <-> 8443.

I hope that will help you.

I share your confusion that the instructions are not detailed enough
in the reference guide. Classes Hierarchy view of Eclipse IDE is
really helpful when dealing with Spring.

Best regards,
K.K.