  From: Ofer Kalisky
  To: Tomcat Users List
  Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:53 AM
  Subject: getInputStream problem

  I have a JSP that looks like this:

  <%

  byte[] bytes = new byte[100];

  int n = request.getInputStream().read(bytes);

  System.out.println("Bytes len: " + n);

  %>

  and a python script that looks like this:

  import httplib
  h1 = httplib.HTTPConnection('localhost', 8080)
  h1.putrequest('POST', '/SendM9/test.jsp')
  h1.putheader('Content-Type','application/x-www-form-urlencoded')
  h1.putheader('Content-Length','4')
  h1.endheaders()
  h1.send('koko')
  h1.getresponse()

  however, I get "Bytes len: -1".

  Looking inside the variables I see that the parameters were parsed
(paremetersParsed = true).

  Why does the servlet take my input stream and doesn't let me parse myself the
content?

database 2949 (20080315) __________

  http://www.eset.com