> From: Milanez, Marcus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: RES: about java.lang.outofmemory error
>
> GC never (ever) ran and Tomcat proccess could never
> acquire the amout of memory we'd specified

The fact that GC never ran is irrelevant.  As someone else pointed out,
you likely configured the heap for more space than the sum of real plus
swap, thereby causing a failure when attempting to allocate pages for
the process.  Also be aware that the JVM wil throw an OOME for *any*
resource failure, including such things as running out of file
descriptors.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.